Friday, January 11, 2013

Claude Monet


Claude Monet was born on November 14, 1940 in Paris. He loved art his whole life. As a young boy he would draw his teachers in school and outside of school he liked to draw people in his town. His mother supported his love for art, but his father wanted him to be a business man when he was older. Monet met a local artist named Eugene Boudin. Eugene painted landscapes in all of his paintings. Eugene showed Monet how great the outdoors were to paint. Monet was inspired by Eugene's work, so Monet wanted to also paint landscapes as well. In 1859, Monet enrolled in the Academie Suisse. Academie Suisse was an art school in Paris. Some of Monet's most famous paintings are Water- Lily Pond, Impression Sunrise, and Water Lilies Evening Effect. Monet's art had made him one of the most famous artists in history.
     I like Claude Monet because I love his paintings. I love how he paints outdoors scenes. I think his paintings are beautiful and I like how all the colors in his paintings go perfectly together and compliment each other. I also decided to research Monet because he paints a lot of water scenes. I love oceans, lakes, and any type of water scene. I think all of his paintings are very calming and are not crazy to look at
Water Lily Pond
Cliff Walk
     I love all of Claude Monet's paintings, so it was hard to decide which ones I wanted to talk about. The first painting I like of his is called Water Lily Pond. In Water Lily Pond, I love his use of color. The different colors of the plant around the pond are all unique and colorful. The next two paintings are water scenes. These paintings are called Cliff Walk and Storm Off The Belle-lle Coast. Both of these pictures shows the beauty of the water. It also shows all of the wonderful colors in the water as well as the colors in the sky and the colors in the grass in the painting Cliff Walk. All of his paintings are beautiful and unique. His paintings show nature, and how beautiful nature really is.

Storm Off The Belle-lle Coast

No comments:

Post a Comment