Monday, November 5, 2012

Next President Collage

For the next president election, I decided to do my collage on civil rights. Civil rights are very important to all humans, they protect us. When I first started cutting out pictures out of magazines for my collage, I didn't really know what I was looking for. I had an idea on what I wanted to do, but I couldn't really make up my mind on what I would do. It was hard to decide on what I would use in my collage and what I wouldn't. I like using tissue paper in my collages. At first, I put different colors of tissue paper on top of my white paper when I first started so I could have a surface to work on. After I would glue pictures down on top of the tissue paper, I would put more tissue paper on top of that and add some paint in various spots. On my collage I painted a peace sign, a heart, and the word respect. I believe that all three of those things are the key for protecting civil rights. From magazines I cut out the words fight back, less spying more transparency, voice, your world, love, and never underestimate the power. I liked how my collage turned out in the end. When I was starting my collage, I didn't like it at all. But I realized from many times in art that a lot of times when you don't like a piece of art that you are working on at first, you really like it in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment