Friday, January 20, 2012

Self Portraits


These were my self portraits that I painted in art class. For my smaller self portrait of my face, I used a lot more blue then in my larger painting. For my skin on the smaller portrait I mixed a sky blue color with dark blue and added a few drops of white. For my lips and hair I painted with sky blue, dark blue, and a little black. When I finished my smaller portrait, I liked it, but I wanted a little less of a blue color when I did my final painting. My larger portrait is a lot different then my smaller portrait. I added a little more black in that painting. But I found out that a little bit of black goes a long way! I like how my larger painting is more mysterious looking than my smaller painting. Overall, I like the smaller portrait more. It is brighter and the colors are happier looking. I like my larger portrait a lot too, but I wish that I didn't add as much black to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment