Thursday, January 12, 2012

Artist Research: Edgar Degas


The artist that I chose to do research on is Edgar Degas. Edgar Degas was born on July 19, 1834 and died Septemeber 27, 1917. Degas was a middle class man from  Paris, France. Degas enjoyed painting copies of famous artists work such as da Vinci, Michelangelo, Ingres and Delacroix. He also enjoyed painting movements that humans make. He started paintings ballerinas, which has become his most famous work. I like this artist because I can relate to what he painted. When I was younger, I was a ballerina for many years and I enjoyed it alot. I like the images that I picked out because they are very graceful, the colors I think are pretty calming, I really like the texture of his paintings, I said before that I was a ballerina so I can relate to his paintings, and I think his paintings are really pretty. Something I find interesting about Edgar Degas is that he was the only impressionist to visit America.





No comments:

Post a Comment