Friday, March 30, 2012

Finished Metal



This is my finished metal that I designed in art class. When I first started, I was actually  going to do something that was somewhat different. About half way through making my metal pieces, I decided to change it a little. I think this metal design is a lot better than what I planning to do before. I cut out an oval copper piece of metal to be the main piece, which is the bottom. After, I cut out  two big triangles on opposites sides, then I cut six small triangles along the two other sides. In the middle of the piece, there is a silver piece. It looks kind of like a horse shoe. Next to this are two medium sized triangles that are also silver. After the metal was heated, I loved how the color turned out! There is a lot of turquoise, dark blue, purple, pink, orange, and a little green and yellow. I had a great time working with metal!

No comments:

Post a Comment